Bats are not always a negative addition to your property and the ecosystem—they feast mainly on winged insects like mosquitoes and therefore keep the insect population down. Although they're productive members of the environment, they're not always a critter you want in your home. Critter Control of Columbus is prepared to keep these creatures of the night off your property and out of your house! Call today and schedule your bat control services.
GETTING RID OF BATS
It's not a good idea to handle bats if you find one in your house. They can carry diseases which will infect your family and you. Critter Control can help remove bats from your home.
- Bats have a fearsome reputation in many cultures throughout history, due to their nightly flying habits, strange appearance, and the tendency of certain species to feed on the blood of other animals.
- Bats are commonly found in attics and barns, as the mammals enjoy safe, dark places. Hollow trees and bat boxes are ideal places for these winged critters to roost, as well.
- In order to keep bat colonies from roosting in attics, proper precautions should be taken to cover or seal all vents, holes, chimneys, windows, and gaps leading inside homes.
Common Bat Issues
- One of the largest problems associated with bat populations is the droppings that accumulate.
- It's actually considered a beneficial fertilizer in some locations, but guano makes people sick when it collects in attics since it can harbor dangerous fungal spores, such as histoplasmosis.
Bat Removal Services
Since bats may carry disease, individuals should never approach them. Bats also bite and scratch when they feel threatened and can easily injure humans. Critter Control technicians are trained to humanely remove any bat problems plaguing residential and commercial properties.
We can help you get rid of bat problems. Call our Columbus office today.Request a Quote