Rats living in your crawl space or walls? Disappearing pet food? Dead rats or rat dropping in your attic? These may well be signs of a rat infestation. Call your local Critter Control office today at 614.300.7547 for effective rodent cleanup, rat removal and exclusion services.
Slightly larger than roof rats and discernibly larger than house mice, Norway rats are the most common type of rodent in America (and around the world). Although they're small, they're still capable of great damage. Rats almost always are found wherever there's human activity because they survive off human byproducts. Rats are trash fiends and thus are carriers of multiple diseases like salmonellosis or leptospirosis. Finding rats on your property and in your home can be scary and overwhelming, but it doesn't have to be! Give Critter Control of Columbus a call today at 614.300.7547 or contact us here.
get rid of norway rats
- These rodents are almost exclusively nocturnal, so if you see one in the daytime out in the open, it is usually an indication of a bigger infestation.
- A common DIY way to prevent rat problems in the first place is to keep your home tidy and clean so rats do not have a reason to stay.
- Regularly cleaning buildings, sweeping up crumbs, and mopping liquid spills all reduce the likelihood that your home will be attractive to the rodents.
- Making sure trash bins are secured with lids, sealing food in rodent-proof containers, removing clutter from basements and attics, sealing any holes in building foundations, and replacing broken window screens will help keep Norway rats away, as well.
Common Norway Rat Problems
- Signs of a Norway rat infestation include plentiful droppings, noises like frequent scratching or scampering, burrows near house foundations, and the dead rats.
- In addition to tainting their environments, Norway rats bite and scratch when they feel cornered.
- As talented diggers, Norway rats damage building foundations & sidewalks, and gnaw on a variety of objects, leaving behind unattractive teeth marks.
Get Rid of Norway Rats Long-Term
Once infestations are established, property owners should act swiftly to remove populations as Norway rats multiply quickly. Contacting pest control professionals ensures the rodents are eliminated in ways that are safe for both the animals and people involved. Our extensively trained Critter Control technicians have the tools and knowledge requried to get rid of Norway rats. We are just a phone call away.
We can help you get rid of Norway rat problems. Call today: 614.300.7547.