Woodchucks under your deck or shed? You’ve come to the right place to solve your woodchuck problems. Critter Control uses more than one approach to humanely remove and exclude woodchucks from your home and property. Call your Critter Control today for effective woodchuck control and removal services.
Groundhogs, also known as woodchucks, are some of the largest members of the squirrel family. Their winter hibernation habits have given rise to the holiday Groundhog Day, which supposedly predicts whether there will be an early spring or a lengthy winter each year. Woodchucks are able climbers and adept swimmers. They can often be spotted in fields or along roadsides throughout the Eastern United States. Contact Critter Control to schedule a woodchuck inspection today.
Since groundhog burrows have multiple entrances and exits, traps should only be set by trained professionals. Although woodchucks do not actively attack humans, they may scratch or bite when cornered or threatened, and residents should never attempt to handle the animals. Critter Control wildlife experts are trained to safely deal with nuisance groundhogs and fully equipped to handle trapping, removal, and control operations within the confines of the law.
- Wire mesh fences can be used to effectively keep groundhogs away from gardens and lawns.
- Fences should be buried at least a foot underground and have outward-facing overhangs at the top to prevent the animals from burrowing underneath or climbing over.
- In some cases, it may become necessary to run an electrified wire around the perimeter of fences.
Frequent Woodchuck Problems
- Their limited range and herbivorous diet leaves woodchucks with no reason to enter human homes. However, their diet preferences leads them into yards and crop fields in search of vegetation.
- Groundhogs may dig burrows near houses, roads, and walls as they like to place the entrances to their dens at the base of solid objects.
Full-Service Groundhog Removal
Groundhog attacks against humans are incredibly rare and must be treated as an indication of rabies. For the most part, groundhog damage is limited to properties like farms, orchards, gardens, and lawns. The rodents are responsible for significant losses of crops, such as soybeans, peas, carrots, lettuce, alfalfa, apples, and flowers. Farm equipment and livestock can also become damaged or injured by obscured burrow holes.
We can help you get rid of woodchuck problems. Call today.